Need a mindset, motivation and KETO restart?!
Join us this week for a FUN 5-day mini challenge to get back to your happiest, healthiest self… FAST. 🙂
We’re going to keep this really simple, super short, and just plain EASY – so you’ll have no excuse not to jump on board. And you’ll be SO glad you did!
Even if you’ve been eating keto consistently already (like me), there may be one or a few parts of this challenge you’re NOT doing. So plan to join in and take the short challenge just to see what happens. 😉
Here’s what we’re going to do…
Pick Your Start Date (Tomorrow Looks Good!)
We did this 5-day challenge officially as a group Monday November 4th through Friday November 8th, but you can choose a start date and do this FUN 5-day mini challenge anytime for a great keto reboot!
The challenge is to eat 20 net carbs max per day for five straight days (more details below). Easy enough! We’re going to do this together Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. Or if you see this late – 5 straight days (Tuesday through Saturday for example).
If you received this note by email, you’re good to go. ✔️
If not, just sign up for the challenge at 90DayLowCarbChallenge.com and join our FUN Facebook Group there too if you haven’t already.
If you’re not on Facebook, that’s totally okay. You can follow along here, and get notified of updates by email.
Keto Restart Mini-Challenge
So what are we going to do exactly?
I want to make this mini-challenge SIMPLE, but I do want you to challenge yourself on ALL of these points. Just for 5 consecutive days. That’s it!
What do you have to lose, right? A few pounds maybe, some bloating and/or inflammation, feelings of frustration perhaps, but other than that: absolutely nothing.
It’s just 5 short days – a little experiment to see what may just happen, or what you might discover this week that you hadn’t realized or been aware of before. 🙂
Since it’s 5 days, let’s do 5 points for this challenge…
The Challenge Commitment
1. Eat 20 net carbs max per day for 5 straight days.
(If you’ve already been doing that for awhile and want to challenge yourself a little MORE this week, do 20 TOTAL carbs max per day.)
2. Log/track everything you eat in your favorite app or on paper to the best of your ability… BEFORE you make or order it. I find logging my meals before I even have them makes me mindful of portions and also lets me see how the numbers will work out.
I use MyFitnessPal, see keto macros made easy!
3. Log your starting weight in your tracking app, or on your paper journal. But otherwise, this short mini-challenge is less about weight loss and more about commitment, completion and mindfulness.
4. If you have any social plans or events this week, prepare for those in advance. If you’ll be dining out, look up the menu ahead of time and decide what you’ll have before you go (and don’t forget to log it first!). If you cook, and find “meal planning” is more helpful than “winging it” as you go, by all means: prepare for your 5 days!
5. Enjoy the widest variety of delicious low carb foods counting ONLY 20 net carbs per day, ignoring everything else (for now). That includes calories! The challenge is: 20 net carbs per day, period.
If you need ideas, I used this Low Carb Food List when I first started. It’s from the Atkins Phase One (now called Atkins20) program, and is a great list of keto-friendly low carb foods that will give you tons of ideas to work with.
I want to keep it THAT simple to start.
If you have any questions, just leave a comment and I’ll be happy to help you out or point you in the right direction. 🙂
If you’ve been staying on track but haven’t been tracking macros, that’s YOUR challenge this week. If you’ve been on track AND tracking macros but also “controlling” your calories and protein and fat (etc etc) – your challenge is to relax down to just 20 net carbs max and let the numbers fall where they will. Just for 5 days!:)
If you haven’t been on plan and you’re just starting, this will be the EASIEST way to get started.
If you’ve been off and on and in and out and feeling food guilt & discouragement, or punishing yourself with fasting or extreme elimination diets after ever slip, this is your week to just make a commitment to five straight days, one after the other, and put ALL of that behind you.
What will happen in 5 short days?
If you aren’t already in ketosis, you will be by the end of this mini challenge.
You may experience keto flu symptoms if that’s the case. Some people don’t.
You will feel IN CONTROL and on a mission, which feels GREAT.
That, plus the results you notice throughout the week, will force MOTIVATION to kick in. 🙂
You’ll learn something new about yourself.
When you wake up on Day 6, you can decide what you want to do from there…
Here’s to an amazing week together! ♥️
p.s. If you aren’t already a part of our Low Carb Challenge Facebook Group, you’ll find the link on this page: http://www.90DayLowCarbChallenge.com (but you don’t have to commit to 90 days for these FUN year-end mini challenges!) 😉
Discount Code: LOWCARBTRAVELER