Happy Valentine’s Day! 🙂
This seemed like a great day to tell you about things I really LOVE since going low carb…
Some of them are low carb related, and others are things I’ve discovered or picked up as part of my overall low carb lifestyle.
I would love to hear what’s new in YOUR life too that you absolutely love! 🙂
Here you go, on February 14th – the day of love – 14 things I absolutely love in my low carb life!
1. I don’t eat candy often, but when I do I really love the Sugar Free York Peppermint Patties. Russell Stover makes mini mint patties that are really good too. 🙂 And when I REALLY want to indulge, I like the Atkins Pecan Caramel Clusters. Those are seriously delicious and totally melt in your mouth!
2. One of my favorite purchases this past year was this perfect little digital kitchen scale. 🙂 It comes in red, too! I love it for quick measurements. It’s small, convenient, and a great addition to my kitchen for a healthy low carb diet!
3. Pecans! You knew they would make the list, right? 🙂 Pecans are the lowest carb / highest fat nut on the list, with Walnuts pulling a close second. They are great for a quick snack on the go, I absolutely love Pecans in a Caesar Salad (sounds weird, tastes GREAT!) and I like to make my own Peanut Butter Pecan Bars for a healthy treat.
4. The Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free Mountain Berry Preserves is DELICIOUS! This is a staple in my house. 🙂 It pairs really nicely with cream cheese, Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Wedges, peanut butter – and it’s truly amazing with brie.
5. My Fitbit Charge HR has been the one thing that REALLY motivated me (finally! lol) to get serious about working out, and living a more active lifestyle.
6. Sometime last year I fell head over heels in love with Low Carb Everything Bagels and Everything Sliced Bread from The Great Low Carb Bread Company. They are really great when you want a nice warm/crisp toasted bagel, or a healthy low carb sandwich!
7. O’Charley’s Cedar Plank Salmon, because it’s fresh (never frozen!) and always fabulously delicious. It’s one of the few restaurants (when I’m not on a coast somewhere) that serves FRESH salmon. They also have great asparagus as a side item, and I love ordering “loaded broccoli” (I just ask them to load it like they would a baked potato). Great low carb meal when you’re dining out!
8. I was scared of the Ab Carver Pro at first (lol) but I found it VERY easy to use, and quickly fell in love with it. 🙂 I can now do 90 reps on it, and FEEL the burn!!
9. My rain boots definitely make the list, because now I can still go for a power walk… even in the rain & snow. 🙂 They are so comfy!! Plus they’re super cute. 🙂
11. I’ve tried my coffee in a variety of ways since going low carb, from Bullet Proof Coffee (BPC) to just heavy cream and Splenda. I am currently using Coffee-Mate Sugar Free Hazelnut powdered creamer. It’s only 1 carb per TBSP and so very tasty. 🙂 It’s all I need in my coffee because it’s both creamy and sweet.
Oh – and it travels well! It’s great when you’re on the go, on a road trip, staying in a hotel, etc. Since it’s powdered it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, so it’s perfect for a “low carb traveler” like me! I take it with me everywhere I go…
12. I have a bit of an addiction to Fabletics. 🙂 They make the best sports bra ever!! It’s supportive AND comfy – plus it comes in great colors.
They have a lot of great workout clothes, but they also have some nice pieces I wear out & about. Remember the blazer & heels I wore in Vegas? That blazer came from Fabletics! 🙂 This is my friend referral link: Check out Fabletics
They also have fun workout videos. This is one of my favorites:
13. When I want to do a home workout, the “Fast Results” Focus T25 Workout is my TOP pick. It’s like working out with Will Smith. 🙂
14. I have two scales, and I love them both! The first one I bought is the Eatsmart Digital Scale w/Free Body Measure Tape. It’s inexpensive, accurate, PRETTY (lol), and the batteries last forever. I’ve had mine for more than four years and have only changed the batteries once – and I weigh daily!
Last year I got the Easy@Home Bluetooth Body Fat Digital Scale, which gives you a Full Body Composition – instead of just your weight. You get a breakdown of your body fat, water weight, muscle mass, bone density, visceral fat, etc. Super cool! And a much more accurate way to track your progress…
Your turn. 🙂 What’s something you absolutely LOVE that’s new in your life since you started eating low carb?
I look forward to your replies, and discovering some new things to check out!
I also really like Shape Magazine. I get Health Magazine too, and a few others I like. What about you – do you subscribe to any health or fitness mags?
Oh, and one of the things NOT on my list: the new (smaller) clothes I was able to buy over the last year, and the way it FEELS to be able to wear them!! 🙂