Did you know July is National Picnic Month?
Easy Low Carb Picnic Foods to Pack & Enjoy
You don’t necessarily have to create an extravagant meal for your picnic. In fact, it’s usually more fun to have a variety of finger foods that go great together. You don’t really want a heavy meal in the heat of summer, but rather a light & healthy meal that gives you plenty of energy to enjoy the day.
Simple low carb picnic food ideas include:
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Egg Salad
- Boiled Eggs
- Cheese Cubes
- Green Olives
- Dill Pickle Spears
- Raw Broccoli & Cauliflower to dip in garlic herb cheese spreads, blue cheese dressing, or your favorite dip
- Cucumber slices are great for your favorite dips too!
- Spinach Dip
- Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad
- Strawberries (great with cottage cheese!)
- Almonds, Walnuts & Pecan Halves
- Cheese Crisps / Low Carb Chips
- Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Cheese Wedges
- Easy Low Carb Breads & Breadsticks
- Chicken Wings
- Green Bean Salad
- Celery Sticks with Peanut Butter or Cream Cheese
- Cucumber Salad
- Low Carb Tortillas if you’re grilling hamburgers or sausages
- Mock Potato Salad (made with Cauliflower instead of Potatoes)
- Deviled Eggs
- Chilled Zucchini Pasta
- Variety of Meats & Cheeses or Meat/Cheese Rollups
- Meat/Shrimp/Veggie Skewers to Grill
- Bottled Water!!
I love anything outdoors! That said, I’m one of those people that mosquitoes make a “picnic” out of, lol. The “Deep Woods Off” spray works very well, but I don’t like the smell – and I don’t like feeling sticky all over when I use it. Plus I’m always afraid my puppy will lick it or I’ll get it on my hands – and then in my eyes or mouth. All three of which have happened, lol. So what do I use and love? The Off Clip-on:
These little gadgets are amazing!! I use them when I’m walking the dogs, working out in the yard, sitting on the back deck – you name it. They work VERY well, keep the mosquitoes away from me, and I don’t have to worry about being all sticky. Highly recommended for your outdoor fun this Summer & Fall.
Happy National Picnic Month! Enjoy the ideas above, and leave a comment too – I would love to hear what YOU would take on a “low carb picnic”!