Did you know that Subway is the very first fast food restaurant to earn the American Heart Association Heart Check for Heart-Healthy Meals?
While many of their Hearth-Healthy Meals aren’t necessarily low in carbs, Subway does have great low carb selections on their menu!
They also offer special deals, and you can sign up for the Special Offers at their website. (Just look for the little red box near the bottom of the page.)
Savings are good!
Subway recently added a new line of salads, many of which are low carb, like the new “Double Chicken Chopped Salad” which is only 6 net carbs:
I’ve heard you can create your own salad adding in any of your favorite Subway ingredients, turning your favorite “sub” into a salad without the bread. You’ll want to avoid the meatballs and veggie patty. And ideally you should look up individual ingredients before you add them. You can find a complete Nutritional Info Chart on the Subway website to make it easy.
They also offer an interactive nutritional calculator on the Subway site so you can “build your own salad” with the exact ingredients you want, and get detailed nutritional data before you ever place an order:
Most of their salads are very low carb, but you do want to avoid the Honey Mustard or Sweet Onion dressings.
Subway Salad Dressings:
- Chipotle Southwest = 2 net carbs
- Oil & Vingar = 0 net carbs
- Ranch Dressing = 2 net carbs
More Low Carb Subway Menu Options:
Creamy Broccoli & Cheese Soup: 9 net carbs
Chopped Salads with 6g of fat or Less…
- Black Forest Ham Salad = 8 net carbs
- Double Chicken Salad = 6 net carbs
- Oven Roasted Chicken Salad = 6 net carbs
- Roast Beef Salad = 7 net carbs
- Subway Club® Salad = 8 net carbs
- Turkey Breast or Turkey Breast & Ham Salads = 8 net carbs
- Veggie Delite® Salad = 5 net carbs
Other Subway salads…
- B.L.T. Chopped Salad = 6 net carbs
- Buffalo Chicken Salad (includes Ranch dressing) = 9 net carbs
- Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt Salad (includes Ranch dressing) = 10 net carbs
- Cold Cut Combo Salad = 8 net carbs
- Italian B.M.T.® Salad = 8 net carbs
- Spicy Italian Chopped Salad = 7 net carbs
- Steak & Cheese Chopped Salad = 10 net carbs
- Subway Melt® Salad = 9 net carbs
- Tuna Chopped Salad = 6 net carbs
- B.L.T. with Avocado Salad = 7 net carbs
What are YOUR favorite low carb Subway menu items??